Thursday, May 03, 2018

Interview? What Interview?

This whole deal with President Trump and the Mueller witch hunt has been pestering me for a week or so now.  Evidently, Mueller wants to interview Trump, and I can't see any reason why any attorney would let the President get anywhere near Mueller.  Not even on the same hectare.  There is no upside to this interview, and nothing but down-sides.  Absolutely nothing good can come of it.

I see at Hot Air, the President's new attorney is thinking the same thing. Let Mueller do what his is going to do, but don't make his job easier, and for damned-sure don't talk to him.   The President should listen to his counsel.  Nothing good can come from talking to Mueller.

I've been a cop for 37 years, interviewed a lot of people, prospective targets and just plain ol' citizens.  I've seen interviews go horribly sideways.  The President's response should be a simple "Thanks, but no thanks.  I'm busy."

No comments: