Tuesday, April 03, 2018

Tuesday

It's Tuesday morning, pre-dawn.  Almost finished with the first pot of coffee, and doing book-keeping and last minute planning for Louisiana State.  I've written the Shooter's Meeting notes and registration is up-to-date.  My trophy maker assures me that the trophies are done, and will be delivered when he arrives to set up on Thursday morning.

Yesterday, I staged ammunition at the church.  Today, I'll stage some other things that I won't need here at the house.  The more I get there pre-shoot, the less I might forget in last-minute movement.

Weather might be an issue, but there is nothing we can do about that.  There is no Plan B.  This area simply does not have a covered, ventilated facility that is suitable for a large match.  (That I've been able to find.)  I have the entire congregation praying for moderate weather, but the Lord has his own plans.  His will be done.

This is much like planning a military operation and the years I spent in the Operations Shop and in command positions are keeping me in good stead.    I was struck this morning when I realized that I"m feeling the same emotions that I felt prior to any movement, or deployment, or exercise.  It's not an unfamiliar feeling, but it's something I haven't felt in 20 years.  I'm sure that there is something I have forgotten, but I am convinced that whatever it is, is so trifling that it won't cause any great problem.

In 72 hours, we begin Louisiana State.  Here we go!

No comments: