Friday, April 20, 2018

A Time To Repent

I am so tired of the holier-than-thou attitude of the left.  Erick Erickson pens a piece that Hot Air excerpts.
Donald Trump is the first leader in the history of the world who evangelicals think does not have to repent. Trump himself has said he never felt the need to ask God to forgive anything. The relationship is transactional and people of supposed faith have resorted to claims they should adopt the tactics of the left to win.
This pisses me off, especially when the anointed candidate of the other side is commonly known to be a tool of Satan.  Erickson has no moral authority to lecture anyone on what God requires.  He's just sad that Hillary didn't win.
Call me crazy, but when you have an all powerful, omnipotent, creator of the entire universe on your side, you should not have to rely on a slightly orange adulterer for protection from your enemies. But American evangelicals have traded the risen Lord for Balaam’s donkey.
Okay, Erick, you're crazy.  You don't recall that God used King David (also an adulterer) and  Paul (who actively persecuted Christians) to both spread His word and His kingdom.  The Lord uses who He will to do His work, and it's not for I (nor you) to say any different.

But now, if you'll excuse me, it's Friday afternoon and I have other things to consider.  My lad and I are going to eat crawfish, and I may have a spot of whiskey.  I have been looking forward to this weekend, and it's time to get started.

No comments: