Monday, March 12, 2018

Back In The Day

This post reminds me of a story.

Once upon a time, I had a snitch come to my office.  He wanted to tell me about a marijuana growing operation in a small rural community about twenty miles from the office.  I listened for a while, and told the mope to get in the car. 

We drove out to the community, and he directed me down a couple of gravel roads, some dirt roads, some logging trails, and eventually we got out of the car, walked through the woods and came to the backyard of a small, well-kept farm house.  With a small vegetable garden in the back yard.

"Look there," says the mope.

"Where?" says I?

About that time an old man came out of the house with a sack in his hand, proceeds to the garden patch, and starts picking okra.

The mope says "Look, he's picking it right now!"

I motion the mope to back off and we quietly walk back through the woods to the car.  When we got back to the car, I tell him that we were looking at okra, and that he's the world's largest dumbass, and I don't let dumbasses ride in the car, so he has to walk home.

I got in the car, started it, and put it in reverse.  When I got to a suitable turn-around, I turned it around and drove back to the office.  Anyone in Chinquapin parish, especially a dope snitch, should know the difference between cannabis and okra.  Those who don't, can walk home.

No comments: