Sunday, February 04, 2018

Sunday Cooking

We awoke to a cold, dreary, cloudy Sunday morning.  I wanted to grill outdoors, but the weather just doesn't support it.  But, I have children coming over in a few hours, and PawPaw is on the hook for lunch.    Not a problem.  I've got a lot of cajun in me, and I can whip something up in short order.

My grandmother Anderson, who was reared in New Iberia, LA, had one steadfast rule for cooking.  "First, make  roux."  That's good advise and I intend to follow it.


I have made a lot of roux over my lifetime.  Thousands of gallons, but this may be the best one I've ever made.  It will serve as the base for what I'm going to do next, and I admit that I'm not sure.  However, I soon have to make a list and trot down to the grocers, so I'd best decide quickly.

3 comments:

DaveS said...

That's looking mighty fine! Waiting with bated breath to see what you do with it. A good roux followed by the heavenly scent of the "trinity" of onions, bell peppers, and celery invariably results in a fine meal.

BobF said...

You know, FedEx as overnight service. I can send address when ready. :-)

Old NFO said...

Shrimp and andouille sausage... :-)