Sunday, February 11, 2018

Hanging a Flag

Today, while Belle was working on lunch. (Chicken and dumplings, by the way), the boys and I went out to the shop to piddle around.  We decided that the shop needed a flag, and I happened to have one, a burial flag that I bought several years ago at  an auction.

A burial flag has different dimensions than a standard American flag.  It's sized to fit properly over a coffin.  I don't know how this particular flag wound up being sold at an auction, but I know what it was and decided to buy it, not knowing what I'd do with it.  At 5' X 9', it's a big flag, but I think that it makes the proper statement.


The top edge of the flag is bout 12 feet from the floor, and it watches over the firing line.

I think that it is just right.

3 comments:

Retired Spook said...

Excellent!!! Thank you!

Old NFO said...

Yep, looks good up there!

John in Philly said...

At some point in a largely forgotten discussion at work, I mentioned that the flag I was born under didn't have fifty stars.
Without missing a beat my younger coworker asked, "Did it have thirteen?"
That was pretty funny.
The flag looks good.