Monday, January 15, 2018

Winter Storm Update

I went today and got the butane bottles filled, and stopped at Wally-World and got some little one-pound canisters for the Coleman stove.  I don't expect a power outage, but if it happens, Belle can have coffee when she awakes.  It's one thing to be without power, it's another thing entirely to be without coffee.  That ain't likely to happen around here. 

Schools are closed locally, I'm told.  The announcement ain't out officially, but scuttlebutt from folks I trust tell me that the announcement is coming soon.  We're expecting 1/2 to 2 inches of white stuff, which doesn't seem like much to my brethren from the frozen north, but we don't do salt here.  We just barely have sand to put on bridges and overpasses.  A thin skim of snow will shut-us-the-hell-down until it melt.  Which won't take long.  When it snows tomorrow morning, it might last a fulll day if the temps stay below freeing. 

It is what it is, and we're finally having a winter, after four or five years of not much at all.  The good news, is that as far as I know, we're still having church services tonight.    I'm looking forward to it.  I haven't been able to make services in a couple of weeks, and I've missed it.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Looks like everything is going south of us (again). Batten down the hatches, the wind is 25 gusting 35 up here right now!

maggiek said...

We found during our last power outage that you could make a good pot of coffee by heating your water on the Coleman putting your coffee in a filter in your coffee maker and pouring the heated water directly into the filter and coffee.. Then storing the coffee into a thermos bottle. we have a gas water heater and could put hot water in the thermos before putting the coffee in. Kept the coffee nice and hot. Nope, can;t be without coffee here, either.