Saturday, January 06, 2018

Saturday Chores

Spent the morning in the shop with son-in-law, who hangs and repairs CAT5 cable for a living.  We cut a bunch of CAT5 cable into 100 foot lengths, ran it through a 2" PVC pipe and secured the ends of the cables to purlins in the shop.  We ran enough cable for a six-lane range, and got the basic layout set up.  That took all morning.

Went back to the house and found that Belle had gone to run her errands, so I got in the van and went to run my errands.  Saw Belle's car at her new office.  They've been going through a cluster-farked move, and she was in, setting up her office.  I took her to lunch, then we split up again to run errands.

At the Dollar Store, I bought a new mop, went home, mixed up some detergent nd gave the kitchen floor a good mopping (yeah, I know how to operate a mop.  Years of barracks and orderly rooms).  It's amazing how clean a floor looks after it's been properly mopped, and I had been tracking in construction dust for the better part of the week.

Tomorrow, we hang the backdrop curtains and install the range.  I'm really looking forward to that.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Reminds me, I need a new one... sigh