Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Quick Potato Soup

Sitting home on a snowy Tuesday, Belle ad I were casting about for something to cook for lunch, and she mentioned that she was hungry for potato soup.  So, I started looking in the freezer and found a bag of Tater Tots I had bought for the grandkids, and in the pantry, I found a box of chicken stock.

I put the tater tots in a soup pot, and added the chicken stock.  Belle looked in the freezer and found a couple of leftover pieces of good tasso ham.  I defrosted it, chopped it into small cubes, and dded that to the pot.  Let it simmer for an hour or so, until the Tater Tots had simmered to pieces and the little potato chunks were tender.

We added some half-and-half, let that heat through, then got out some soup cups.


Garnish with shredded cheese, and serve with saltine crackers.  Now, after lunch, my belly is warm and I don't care if it snows the rest of the day.

No comments: