Thursday, December 28, 2017

Why Be Average?

When I was growing up, I was taught to exceed the standards, to not settle for being average.
Based on per capita consumption from alcoholic beverage sales data, the average American drinks roughly 1.35 drinks per day, 9.5 drinks per week and 494 drinks per year, said Aaron White, senior scientific advisor to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism director. But, White said that number is higher — 1.94 drinks a day, 13.6 per week and 705 a year when adjusting for age (looking at just adults 18 and older, the majority of the nation’s drinkers).
Happy Hour starts (round here) when Belle gets home from work.  We generally exceed the average right up to the time we toddle off toward bed.

As a matter or pure fact, I have worked hard today, doing construction work.  I believe that I am entitled.  Everyone has to believe in something, and I believe I'll have another drink.

4 comments:

George Pollard said...

I stopped drinking in 2005. If I live another 20 years, I may get down close to the average.

Cheers!

Old NFO said...

Snerk... If that excuse works... :-D

Anonymous said...

I made two resolutions for 2018.

I resolved not to drink any more.

I resolved not to drink any LESS.


Mark D

kamas716@yahoo.com said...

How much you drink is less concerning to me than when you drink is. I don't care if you get blitzed every night, just don't operate any machines around me while/after you do it. Once you sober up, go ahead and drive, shoot, run a table saw, but not before.