Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Re-Quals

In about an hour, I'm going to pull on my boots and head over to the training range for annual re-qualifications.

Standard stuff.  Firearms, Defensive Tactics, First Aid, Legal Updates, all the stuff that we have to do once a year to protect and serve the public.  Every state has their version of POST (Peace Officers Standard Training) that requires we spend a given number of hours getting re-certified every year so that we can do our jobs.

So, for the next three days, that's where I'll be.  Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday I'll be at the tender mercies of the trainers.  I don't know what macabre schedules or scenarios they have dreamed up, but I'm sure that it will skirt the edge of reality and approach the realm of the surreal.

I don't know what blogging will be like the rest of the week, but I'm sure that I will emerge from the other side, totally qualified and ready to serve the good people of the state of Louisiana.

If I'm not around, go read the folks on the sidebar.

No comments: