Monday, April 03, 2017

Long Day

School was out today, so I spent the day getting ready for Louisiana State.

In the last three days, I've handled 3500 pieces of brass, some of them twice, some of them three times.  I've got another 1500 pieces to load.  But, I've turned the corner now and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Hopefully by Saturday morning, I can put the ammo away.

Unlike every other shooting sport I've ever been associated with, in the Cowboy Fast Draw Association, if an outfit is hosting a sanctioned shoot, they are responsible for providing the ammunition.  It's figured into the entrance fee, and it makes sense.  Everybody is shooting the same ammo, which levels the playing field.  There's no opportunity for some guy to try to get an edge by using custom ammo.

And, at the big shoots, a number of shooters fly in to the venue.  Not having to pack ammo is one less opportunity to run afoul of the TSA.  Our shooters that fly have figured out the regulations, but not having to deal with ammo is a big benefit.

Louisiana State is 17 days away.  The clock is ticking, and we're looking forward to it.

No comments: