Thursday, December 22, 2016

The Inauguration

When the new president is sworn in, it's customary to have a round of celebrations and parties.  I get it, people like to party.  However, Donald Trump is a mold-breaking president, and some A-list celebrities don't want to play his inauguration.  That's okay too.  America is still free, and about to become much more free.

However, what I'd like to see is  a total re-vamp of the inauguration.  It would go something like this.

Just after Ms. Justice Ginsberg administered the oath  (Wouldn't that be priceless), the new President would turn to the microphone, look at his watch, and give the first order of his presidency.

"We have a lot of work to do.  I'd like to meet with my Chief of Staff and Cabinet in one hour.  Let's get started."

The whole thing would take about fifteen minutes.  I think it wold set the proper tone that the US Government is serious, and that the government should be open for business.

2 comments:

Steve Ronin said...

from your lips to God's ear.
please let it be so.

BobF said...

Heh. I can just see the entire world of journalists, all the media with their satellite dishes, microphones, made-up on-air personalities ("reporters"), et cetera, et cetera... all standing there dumbfounded.

Now THAT is a priceless picture I'd like to see!