Thursday, September 29, 2016

Send In The Clowns

The 21st Century isn't panning out like I imagined it.  It seems that ... well, heck.
We have reached the stage of the Great Clown Panic when real clowns have started to worry about profiling. In Johnstown, Pennsylvania, the Cumberland Times-News reports, "members of the Classic Clowns Club have been alarmed by news reports in which police have asked anyone who sees a clown to call 911. The troupe members often travel in costume, and worry that, if someone notices a van full of clowns and calls the police, they could end up in legal trouble."
This is absurd, and it seems to be a meme.  Really.


Our culture is becoming more and more bizarre daily.   This isn't the 21st Century I imagined, and I don't have my flying car yet.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

I do feel sorry for the 'real' clowns that do bring joy to those in need of it...

Anonymous said...

Isn't it bliss, don't you approve?

Anonymous said...

I've looked at clowns from both sides now
from up and down and still somehow
it's clown's allusion I recall
I really don't know clowns at all.

/guffaw/

Seriously, momma did not say there'd be days like this. But Jesus did. Should we be surprised that freaky weird is really a subtext of something wicked this way comes? Societal response, as manifested in the shire reeve's dispatch, is ever more confused, ever more unfounded, unreasoned. Nothing to see here, return to your homes, sez the official from his keep. Maybe it's just a contaminated supply of prescribed medication. Who really are the clowns?