Saturday, September 10, 2016

Kentucky - Day Two

The main match of he Kentucky State Championship was started today.  We made it to the seventh (7th) round before a strong thunder shower knocked out the power and caused us to dash for the cars.  We're happy that the rain held off till the 7th round.  That's where we planned to finish today, anyway.

PawPaw is pleased.  I made it to the th round and was put out of the match in that round.  It's the farthest I have ever been in a state shoot, and lots of folks went out in the 4th, 5th, and 6th rounds.  I was shooting good today, hitting the target consistently with times that are good for me.  When I was beaten, I was beaten by faster shooters on time alone, not because I wasn't hitting.  I feel good about the competition.

Blue Eyed Belle also did good, staying alive until the 6th round.  I'm proud of her efforts.  More importantly, she finished the final exam of the Rangemaster certification. Studying, two tests, a class, and running a live range under the watchful eye of a Regulator.

that's Blue Eyed Belle in the blue shirt, running the line under the watchful eye of Texas Rose.  Texas Rose said that she did fine, and now it's just a matter of finishing the paperwork and getting the card.  I'm proud of my gal.  She's now a certified Rangemaster.

Tomorrow is the last day of the shoot.  Big Mark, our club president is still in it, and we'll see what happens tomorrow morning.

Looking through the SD card, I found a nice picture of gentleman George running the line.

As an added bonus to us shooters from the Southern Territory, that's Skagway Sam out of NTSG in front of George, hand-judging for Blue Eyed Belle of Thorn Valley.  Each of those folks are well known in the Southern Territory.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Glad y'all did well! :-)