Thursday, July 21, 2016

Conversation with a Grandson

Second son and I were sitting on the porch, talking about the day, when I was approached by a grandson.

Grandson:  "Do you have any hammer and nails?"

Me: "Yep.  Why do you need hammer and nails?"

Grandson:  "I'm very good at building, and I could build something."

Me:  "What do you want to build."

Grandson: "Oh, I don't know.  What do you need me to build?"

Me: "Nothing."

Grandson: "Okay, do you have the materials to build nothing?"

Me:  "Oh, yeah, I think I have plenty of those materials."

Grandson looks at me like I've lost my mind, then turns and walks away.

Second Son, suppressing a snicker: "Well, that worked out well."

1 comment:

swumpcracker said...

I have no idea who that might be, although the dialog is familiar.
You'll are good sports.