Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Backyard Shooting

I went out to my wax bullet range this afternoon, to continue my frustration with the long gun.   Getting that long barrel out of the holster is a challenge.  I'm still not ready to hook up the timers yet, concentrating on draw, cock, fire without doing anything dangerous or picking up any bad habits.  After about 30 rounds, I went down, cleaned the target, then set up to shoot 10 more shots.

If I'm counting right there are seven (7) hits on that target.  There are two below the target that you can't see, and that one over to the right at 4:00.  Must have pulled that one, but shooting 70% is a good place to quit, so I took off the revolver, walked into the pool house, and retrieved a beverage.


Yeah, after shooting in the sun in 93F temps with 50% humidity, I was ready for a beer.

I noticed that the martins were busy, swirling around the corner of the yard.  Some folks have asked if my wax bullet shooting bothers the birds, and I can't actually say that it does.  Today, it appeared that they were teaching fledglings to fly, so I took out my video phone, and took a quick vid.   You can see the corner of my backstop in the lower right hand corner of the frame, and it doesn't look like the birds were bothered at all.



We've been shooting there all summer, and the martins don't seem to be concerned about it at all.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Amazing how much difference those 2 inches make, isn't it! Good luck with learning the new gun!