Thursday, May 19, 2016

Trailer Work

Today, between mowing grass, running errands, visiting with friends and other essential tasks, I hooked the trailer to the truck and dragged it around to the front yard so that I could begin prepping it for it's new life as a Town Folk Alley trailer.

The lights were put on that trailer about fifteen years ago.  They had become problematic, in that age and weather had caught up with them.  You never knew if you'd have trailer lights or not.  Fortunately, trailer lights are available everywhere, so I went to the store and got some new LED trailer lights.

The bolts holding the lights on were rusted, but I own a Saws-all.  In about fifteen minutes the old lights were off the trailer.  In another thirty minutes I had installed and tested new lights.


Now, we've got new, waterproof LED lighting on the back of the trailer.  I'll be safe pulling it down the road.

I had some boards on the floor of the trailer that were warped, in need of replacement.  The Saws-all again came into use, cutting those rusted bolts as well.  Those bolts responded to the saw, and everything is loose.  Tomorrow, I'll go to the lumber yard and see about some new floor boards for the trailer.


This is the "before" shot.  I'll keep you updated.  Oh, and in this post, Unknown commenter told me that Harbor Freight sells big, undyed drop cloths.  Thanks!  I'll have to look into that.  An undyed fabric will look better than a blue or silver tarp.  Thanks for the heads-up.

2 comments:

John in Philly said...

If finances permit, add a 4-1/2" grinder with cutoff wheels. As good as the saw is, sometimes you need the grinder.
My wife used the unpainted canvas Harbor Freight tarps to make some backdrops for this year's school play.

The Displaced Louisiana Guy said...

I've used those canvas drop cloths for a ground cover under a tent for reenacting 1700s.