Friday, May 06, 2016

Birds in the Backyard

Grandson Elyas installed a bluebird house in the backyard last weekend, and today I was pleasantly surprised to see a bluebird using it.  I couldn't get a picture of the birds using the house, but I did get a photo of the male sitting on the power line over the bird house.


Eastern Bluebird on the left, redwing blackbird on the right.

While I had the camera out, I noticed some humming birds zooming around, and caught a photo of a little female using the feeders we keep out there.


I stopped on the way home and picked up crawfish for supper.  Milady and I have now had a belly full of mudbugs and we're tippling.  She in the wine, me in the bourbon.  It's shaping up to be a very good Friday afternoon.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Not a bad way to spend the evening! :-)