Sunday, April 03, 2016

Busy Day

I've been living life today and just sat down at the computer to check email, before I toddle off to bed.

We had a big portion of the family over today.  Milady cooked her pork chops and rice, with purple hull peas and cornbread.  Everybody ate, then we set up the range in the backyard to do a little Sunday Family Shoot.  I didn't take any pictures, I was too busy running the line, coaching grandkids, keeping a keen eye out for safety.  Talking guns in general, exploring the mysteries of the single-action revolver.  Good times, good times.

After we finished shooting, I cleaned all the guns, all the while talking to kids and grandkids, showing them how things work.  Then everyone went home and I realized that my brass was filthy-dirty and needed cleaning.

Greg picked the Uberti, after shooting both it and the Ruger, and trying to make the best decision for himself.  I think he made a good choice.  My Ruger is back in the range bag now.

We've got a mini-match with the club in Silsbee, TX next week, and this week is shaping up to be hectic, so after the brass tumbled for an hour or so, I poured a drink and stuffed wax in all those clean casings.  Sorted the range bags, and cleaned the kitchen while Milady sorted out a problem with a client.

It's been a very good day, and PawPaw has to go back to work tomorrow, so I'll shut down this intertube box and wander off to bed.  Back to the world tomorrow.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Thanks for taking the time to get them started right! :-)