Friday, May 29, 2015

Fabulous Friday

A look at the weather map, and I see another line of thunderstorms coming out of east Texas.  It didn't rain yesterday, indeed, the last rain was Wednesday morning.  The yard is still boggy, but I decided that if I was going to mow grass (which has been growing in this subtropical climate for about 12 days) it was now or never.  So, I cranked up the lawnmower and mowed the back yard and the front yard.  The side lot will have to wait, it's plenty soupy over there.  Still, I'm about to get run-over by another rail-car in the train-wreck of weather we've been experiencing, so I decided to start some small engines and get busy.



The consensus on the varmint seems to be a live trap, so I'll go to Lowe's this morning sometime and see if I can find a live trap.  They seem to have a live trap that will handle a raccoon, so I'll call the store in another hour and make sure it's in stock.  My plan is (if I can find one) to put it out today and let the cats get caught in it.  Hopefully, they'll learn to avoid it.  Then, I'll set it tonite before I go to bed.  With any luck, this will be the last night I have to deal with an aggravating raccoon.

No comments: