Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Benevolent Sexism

Benevolent Sexism, whatever in the hell that is.  It must be a slow news cycle, because this is the second such study I've seen in as many days.
I’m talking about the recent “study” conducted at Northeastern University by Judith Hall and Jin Goh, which claims to prove that men who exhibit chivalrous behavior are probably “benevolent sexists.” “Benevolent sexism is like a wolf in sheep’s clothing that perpetuates support for gender inequality among women,” explains Hall. In other words, if a man holds the door for you or picks up the tab on your first date, watch out!! You can be certain he’s secretly plotting all the while to perpetuate the patriarchy and enslave you in domestic bliss. He might even tell you he thinks you look nice in that dress! The nerve!
I assume that the two students got class credit of some sort for this study, or it might have been a published study by faculty, I"m not sure.  Either way, it was a waste of money.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...



If a feminazi said that to me for opening the door for her, my reply would be: "Nope, I'm just trying to get into your panties........."
LOL

Old NFO said...

Sigh... They won't be satisfied until they turn ALL men into metrosexuals...