Thursday, December 18, 2014

What's Fer Supper?

I had a craving flung on me today, so I texted Milady (yeah, I text) and told her I was cooking supper.  On the way home stopped at the grocer and got some good hamburger meat, then came home and made some half-pound patties.  Salisbury steak, if you will.


Frying them up in the pan, then I'm going to simmer them in a good roux gravy for a while, to let the flavors meld.

Then, put on a can of good LeSeur english peas and make some mashed potatoes.  That sounds just right for a rainy, drizzly, clammy Thursday night.  Salisbury Steak, Mashed 'Taters and English peas.  That's what's fer supper.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Drooling over here... I'm stuck with hotel food... WAHHHHH! :-)

zdogk9 said...

I'm thinking that tomorrow I will do salmon w/salmon gravy over biscuits.