Monday, September 08, 2014

Success

Daughter-in-law just texted me, telling me that a big 'ole rattlesnake came up the yard, and she dispatched it using a shotgun I loaned her last year.

Back last October, she told me that she needed a gun.  She lives in the country and the occasional varmint popped up when hubby wasn't around, and she needed a gun to deal with said varmints.  So, I commenced looking for a suitable varmint gun and found one at the pawn shop a week later.  This one, a NEF Partner shotgun.  Simple, durable, reliable.  20 gauge, a perfect varmint gun.  I loaned it to her, for the duration.

She used it today to dispatch a rattlesnake that had the temerity to wander up in the yard where my grandchildren play.  One shot with a light load of #8 shot, and that was a deceased rattlesnake.  Shame on him for showing up at Kimmie's house.

That shotgun was worth every penny I paid for it today.  Well done, Kimmie!

3 comments:

Retired Spook said...

Well played, Kimmie! Well played!

That shotgun is worth ten times what you paid for it!!!

Old NFO said...

Yep, VERY well done! Hatband time! ;-)

Eaton Rapids Joe said...

There is much to recommend a single shot shotgun. An operator with a single shot is more business-like about aiming and getting hits than hosers. Only hits count.

Single shot shotguns coined the term "Bang for the buck".