Friday, December 06, 2013

Cold Day

It's been cold today.  Rainy, drizzly, a clammy cold that sinks into your bones.  The weather snapshot doesn't tell the whole picture, because it doesn't show how miserable this type weather makes us in subtropical Louisiana.


Normally in December, it's not this cold.  Many times on Christmas Day I've worn a simple long-sleeved shirt and slacks.  Tonight we're cold and the temps will get under freezing, odd for this early in the winter.  I'm glad that we didn't get the ice that was predicted earlier this week.  Louisiana doesn't do well in an ice storm.

2 comments:

Gerry N. said...

Around here, in G-d's front yard, it's been about 27F during the day, falling to 24 or 25F at night. Clear skies will do that this time of year.

In my dotage (I'm 69 now) those temps are darn well uncomfortable, but back in my glorious yoot when I was 50 they were only comfortably cool.


Termite said...

Sounds like you need to make a pot of your famous red beans, rice & sausage. Cornbread and greens on the side.

Yummm......