Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Abolish the TSA

Professor Glenn Reynolds, of Instapundit fame, has an article at USA Today, where he makes the case for defunding the TSA.
The 9/11 attacks worked because they caught people -- used to theatrical hijackings that didn't kill anyone -- by surprise. Once Americans figured out this new game, which took, as Todd notes, only 109 minutes, they put an end to it by themselves. The creation of the TSA didn't do any good, and it costs a lot of money, and it does a lot of harm. Put an end to it.
Oh top of Reynolds excellent reasons, the TSA has become an overgrown parasite, existing in the public eye solely as a hindrance and a bother.  Regular readers here have long known of my contempt for the organization and their abuses.  For newer readers, I'll link to my own post from November 2010.
I'm renewing my objection to the TSA in general and calling on my Congressman and Senators to defund the TSA. Completely defund it.
I agree with Professor Reynolds that the TSA should go away.  Either defund or abolish, but it should become a tarnished memory of government over-reach.

No comments: