Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Quick Mixed Veggie Soup

On those busy days where you don't have time to cook, it's good to have a couple of recipes that are filling, tasty, and quick.  Today I'm highlighting my quick vegetable soup.  There's almost nothing to it.



Quick Veggie Soup

1 bag Pictsweet Mixed Vegetables
One piece good port tasso
One can Rotel original tomatoes and chilis.
Salt and pepper (to taste)

Prep.
Cut up the tasso into 3/8th inch chunks.  In a large saucepan, combine water, tasso, mixed vegetables and Rotel tomatoes.  Add water. Salt and pepper to taste.  Cook on a simmer for an hour or so, or until you can't stand it any longer.

Serve with saltine crackers, or a good cornbread.  If you don't know how to make cornbread, this recipe is as good as any, and better than most.  I think I'll ask Milady to make a cornbread when she comes home.  Yeah, I can cook cornbread, but she makes a better one than I do.  And, she can make a small pone, where mine always fill a big skillet.

No comments: