Thursday, December 13, 2012

Unraveling

If you've noticed, I'm posting less about politics and more about cooking.  Hopefully I'll get more into guns and shooting after the first of the year.  Whether or not we drive off the fiscal cliff is plainly off my radar.  I just don't give a crap.  This country needs a serious realignment with reality and until there's a little pain, there won't be any gain.

However, I am compelled to think about the unions and the right-to-work states and notice that the latest round of asinine behavior is in Michigan, where the unions lost the right-to-work argument and have resorted to thuggery and destruction of property.  I find it interesting that while the Democrats won the national election for The Lightworker, that more and more states are leaning conservative with 29 Republican governors, and a majority of state legislatures are Republican.  Now, Michigan has gone right-to-work and if the governor can show increased economic activity over the next two years, there is little chance that the state house will flip sides.  The blue model is dying and when union members revert to fistic tactics, they're plainly losing.

In other news, Milady and I are heading to Texas Roadhouse in another hour to meet some friends for dinner.  I've been a good boy today, and I see a ribeye steak in my immediate future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't want to state the obvious; but yaeh, I've noticed the decrease in political punditry. I think you have the electoral malaise that is awash in the conservative ranks. Don't blame ya!
Give it a couple of months and then come back with some ideas on how we; the savaged conservatives can come back from our drubbing.

Steve

Old NFO said...

Can't disagree... Hoping for duct tape for Christmas, otherwise I'm off the politics bandwagon too... sigh... Enjoy the steak!