Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Gumbo Weather

It's been cold all day here in Central Louisiana.  PawPaw worked a soccer game last night and didn't have time to properly prepare a meal.  I had to settle for a bowl of canned chili when I got home.  Tonight, though, I'm free and I decided to make a gumbo.  Just a basic chicken and sausage gumbo with lots of onions, bell peppers and celery.  Milady is running a couple of errands after work, so in another half hour I'll put on a couple of cups of brown rice and it should be nearly ready when she gets home.

It's supposed to get down below freezing tonight and it didn't get much about 50F all day long with a slight breeze out of the north.  A big pot of gumbo sounds good.  I'll get up shortly and give it a stir, make sure all the flavors are blending properly.

My basic recipe is here.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

Good food, a little french bread and good to go! :-)

Anonymous said...

Dang-that is better than good. Wednesday I was hunting on the Red River with my brother and we cooked up a Hobo dinner. Something about wood smoke and gun smoke on the river that makes me hungry.
Fred