Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Obama Wins!

It looks like my worst fears are realized.  President Obama managed to squeak out a victory yesterday in the battleground states and remains the President of the United States.  Good for him and for his followers.  That means we get to keep Obamacare, the President gets to lead us over the fiscal cliff, and the military will be in decline.  The entitlement mentality has finally taken hold in the US.

I intend to be gracious and accommodating, as gracious and accommodating as the Democrats were in 2000 and 2004.  However, I won't be one that claims he's not my president.  He is in fact my president, purely because people I don't agree with voted for him.  I don't for a minute believe that he represents me, simply that he is the leader that the voters wanted.   It'll take a while for me to come to grips with this, so I'll cling to my guns and my religion and hope that this country somehow survives the challenges that will be upon us very soon.

3 comments:

Termite said...

Chainsaw therapy. It's good for the mind.

Anonymous said...

Maybe with 2 lost elections in a row, the GOP will nominate a real conservative / statesman. I doubt it, but I am hopeful.

Riley

Gerry N. said...

I have just about given up on the GOP. They are not called "The Stupid Party" without reason.

Gerry N.