Monday, July 23, 2012

The Aurora Killer

I understand that the red-headed sonofabitch has had his first court hearing and is back in jail. Good. I understand that our President will not speak his name, and I agree with the President on that single issue. There is no reason to know the name of evil and the red-headed sonofabitch is evil.

I was reading Victor Davis Hanson, and I agree with him (and the President) that our focus on the perpetrator should be simply enough that we try him, convict him and punish him.
I don’t care a whit whether the Aurora killer was a loner. I don’t care if he was unhappy or if he was on medication. Millions share such pathologies without killing a mouse. I don’t even know whether giving him swift justice will deter the next mass shooter. Yes, give the suspect expert legal counsel; call in all the psychiatrists imaginable; sequester the jury; ensure the judge is a pillar of jurisprudence; but if he is found guilty, I would prefer the gallows and quickly so, to remind us that we live in a civilization that prefers to remember the victims and to remember nothing at all of their killer.
The sooner the red-headed sonofabitch is convicted and punished, the better for all of us.

2 comments:

Warlock Sundance said...

hell yeah AND AMEN....

Anonymous said...

Howdy! Someone in my Facebook group shared this website with
us so I came to look it over. I'm definitely loving the information. I'm bookmarking and will be tweeting
this to my followers! Fantastic blog and brilliant design.
Gracias
my page > Tampa divorce attorneys