Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wednesday Bush-hog

The Weather Channel is promising me another balmy 102 degree day today with 41% humidity.  That ain't bad, actually as our local humidity often hovers over 80%.  I plan to go to Momma's this morning, climb on the tractor and do some mowing on the back of the property.  It's time to knock back the grass and briars and clean up around the pine-thicket that the deer use when the weather gets bad.

A couple of hours of that should be sufficient.

I see that the news media is preoccupied with the pending Supremes opinion on Obamacare.  Whatever the Supreme Court does tomorrow is going to piss-off half of the United States and I'd almost be relieved if they upheld it.  I'd rather that our side is pissed-off and the other side lulled into complacency.  The best place to override bad legislation is in the legislature and if we're energized by a bad law we'll get out, vote, and send Obama back to Chicago.  Congress started this mess and the most beneficial place to overturn it is in the Congress.  I'd really like to see 300 Tea-partiers in the House and 70 in the Senate.  That would be a great way to start the Reconstruction.

No comments: