Sunday, December 04, 2011

LSU vs Alabama

I see tonight that LSU and Alabama are going to meet again at the Superdome for the national championship. Going over the records, I see that the BCS National Championship since 2006 has been an SEC lock.

Florida in '06, LSU in '07, Florida in 08, Alabama in '09 and Auburn in '10. All SEC teams, all great football programs. This year, it will be an SEC lock again, when LSU meets Alabama. I'm sure it will be a great game, and certainly one for the record books. And, regardless who wins, it will be yet another SEC championship.

I don't know why those BCS folks even consider other conferences than the SEC. If it ain't SEC, it really isn't college football.

1 comment:

Rivrdog said...

With all the conference realignment being done, I wouldn't be so smug, PawPaw.

The Big Ten used to be as ascendant as the SEC is today, and USC, now having served it's probation, will return the PAC-12 to prominence, if Oregon and Stanford can't.

The one thing both I and the BCS count on is the fluidity of conferences. The SEC is the best for now, but that run is probably about over.