Friday, December 09, 2011

Friday Night

We're in full Christmas spirit here. Just back from one local Christmas parade, with a Dollar Store bag full of thrown goodies. One grandkid was marching in the high school band and we had to support that. Other grandkids are looking under the tree, wondering what the packages contain. PawPaw is relaxing with a ginger ale and bourbon.

I don't drink much ginger ale, but I was walking through the grocery last week, and a 12-pack "flung a craving on me". When I got home from the store and put the ginger ale on the counter, Milady asked why I'd bought it. I told her, honestly, that I didn't know why I bought it, but I wanted it. At my advanced age and curmudgeon status, that's reason enough.

I've gotta say, it's pretty darned good with bourbon.

2 comments:

Gerry N. said...

Ya want good? A wonderful combination of lightly sweet and a slight bite to the tongue is "Cock 'n Bull" ginger beer and bourbon. Not a kiddie's soft drink, but a very good mixer. Every time I serve it I have to fight for a glass before it's gone.

Rivrdog said...

Rye Whiskey is better with Ginger Ale