Sunday, December 04, 2011

The Christmas Season

We began singing carols in church this morning, and I'm reminded that it is the 2nd Sunday in Advent, the beginning of the Christmas season. With the madness and bustle of the commercial Christmas, the black Friday sales and the worldliness that has come to mark the weeks in December, it is fitting and proper to remember why we celebrate this season and to mark it with music appropriate to the season.

So, without further ado, I recommend this little tune as interpreted by Celtic Woman.



Well Done, well done.

1 comment:

Rivrdog said...

I went to a "non-denominational" High School that was really Episcopalian, and we had a Christmas pageant every year. I've sung that song in Latin, Old English and English, but I don't ever recall that second verse...