Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Wildfires, wind

This is the windiest April I can remember. It seems like the wind has been blowing steadily all month. The constant wind puts dust in my pool, dries my lawn, and knocks over trash cans. Just when I think I've got it bad, I open the paper and see a huge wildfire fed by huge wind.
Wednesday, the greatest fire danger will shift into South Texas as a front dips southward through the state. While winds will not be nearly as strong as in western Texas today, they will still be gusty enough to create an elevated fire threat.
I love Texas, I always have. Had I not met Milady when I did, I might be living in Texas today. My heart goes out to those folks. When you talk to God tonight, ask him to send some rain to west and central Texas.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Amen to that, and I will!