Monday, January 17, 2011

Comments

I love comments on my blog, and I've always enabled comments as widely as possible so that this site can be an open discussion. However, leaving the back door open lets all manner of things come in.

I don't as a general rule delete comments. If a comment is well thought out, polite, and relevant I leave it alone. As a writer, I long ago got over having my feelings hurt over criticism of my work. Any good writer revels in criticism. It means that someone is reading your work and thinking about it.

However, there certain people in the internet world who try to make money leaving links in comments, or making comments totally off-base in an attempt to generate traffic to their websites. These comments are popularly called Spam, and I won't tolerate spam on this little blog. I'll delete them in a heartbeat with no more feeling than if I'd stepped on a roach.

The nature of this blog (which has been continuously published since April 2005) is that folks can search it on Google, and lots of folks find blog postings that I made years ago. One of my most popularly searched blog posts was first posted in March, 2006 and it still generates traffic through the search engines. If you happen to comment on that old post, I probably won't see the comment. It's buried in archives, and I generally don't review my archives very often.

This blog is called PawPaw's House, and in the internet, as in real life, I enjoy entertaining. This little scribbling is open to the public, but the general rules of civility apply. If you feel the need to comment on an ancient posting, don't get your feelings hurt if I don't respond. If you come in here starting some crap, don't be surprised if I eject you. If you have some legitimate question, email me, I'll probably answer you.

But no, I don't know where you can find any surplus 4895 powder. It's gone. However, if I find a source, I'll let you know, just as soon as I order a couple of jugs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have mentioned this, or something similar before Paw-Paw....I guess some folks will just never catch on, or they just don't care. Thanks for writing, you are one of my daily reads. Take care. Riley