Friday, May 14, 2010

Stand-up

A couple of weeks ago a teacher at the high school told me that she was having trouble getting acts for the annual talent show and asked if I'd do a stand-up routine.

What? Me? Stand-up comedy? She said that she had been laughing at my one-liners for years and that she'd really appreciate it if I'd put something together.

I told her that I'd do what I could and that I'd prefer to close the show. That she could use me after all the kids acts and I'd fill up some time while her judges tallied the results.

So, last Friday night, I put on this act at the end of the high school talent show. The clip is rated PG and is submitted for your enjoyment. The clip is 8 minutes long.



I think it went pretty well, although I'm not going to quit my day job.

5 comments:

Old NFO said...

Good job Paw, but yeah, hang on to that day job :-)

oyster said...

Yeah, stand up comedy isn't easy to do.

My favorite joke was the quip about your date's green teeth, and her being easy to find.

J said...

Funny stuff, Pawpaw. Almost as funny as those non-mixed-company stories you tell!!!

Anonymous said...

Patty said...

When he finished some high school boys sitting in front of me said "Officer D is really funny." Harder to get more high praise than that.

Anonymous said...

Great job!!
You do have wonderful stories that are so funny.
Dianne