Thursday, May 06, 2010

Roses

The roses on my backyard gate are positively exploding. They were in full display for the wedding this past weekend, but I was too busy to try to catch any pictures.



This is a climbing rose from an old vine. If I've got the story right, the original vine belonged to my great-aunt. This vine is very easy to cut and root. Our friend Jerome took a few cuttings and simply stuck them in good soil. All of his cuttings took root and he should be having roses in another year or so.



They're not very big roses, about 3" across in full bloom, but they have a pale pink color that I think is very lovely.

3 comments:

J said...

I can't grow weeds....

Unknown said...

Hi, your rose is lovely. It looks like a New Dawn Climbing rose. Congrats on the wedding! For the person who "Can't grow weeds" take a look here for information and tips on growing roses (and lots of other stuff too)
http://www.allaboutrosegardening.com

J said...

Sorry, Rose Lady, but if I try to grow something I can eat it, not mow around it....