Thursday, April 15, 2010

Tax Day

I didn't get to attend a Tax Day Tea Party today, but Glenn Reynolds is all over the ones that I missed. I did write a fairly sizeable check to my government, then made sure it got in the mail. I've now done my duty to a government I disagree with, not the first time I've done my duty to a government I thought was unresponsive to the wishes of the people.

I dropped by the pawn shop and put some money down on a rifle I have on layaway.

Then I came home and started supper. Salisbury steaks, smothered in gravy, with mashed potatoes and English peas. LeSeur english peas. Of course, there'll be a big pitcher of iced tea. And brown-and-serve rolls.

1 comment:

Rich Jordan said...

No Tea Parties for me either; I couldn't get out of work. I also had to pass on BAG day; I went to the fun store yesterday after work but just couldn't afford what they had that I wanted (and they didn't have most of what I was looking for). But they had a collection of chopped up sporterized Krags that I lingered over for a while...