Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Chopped Baker

There's a local restaurant in Central Louisiana, Outlaw's Barbeque. They have a stuffed potato they call the Chopped Baker. Our local restaurant in Pineville burned several months ago, and while they're rebuilding, I got hungry this evening for a chopped baker, so I decided to do one at home.

It's just a baked potato, loaded with all the fixin's. Sour cream, cheese, margarine, and barbeque. You can use either chicken, sausage, pork or beef. Your choice. On the way home I picked up a tub of barbequed beef and a couple of big baking potatoes. When I got home, I microwaved the potatoes, then put the beef in the nuke to warm. While the meat warmed, I got out the cheese, chives, sour cream (fat free) and margarine.

Fifteen minutes later, I had a chopped baker.



Oh, damn it was good.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

That LOOKS good too... sigh...

Anonymous said...

That sounds and looks delicious. It's nearly lunchtime here, and now I want one...

Denis