Tuesday, March 30, 2010

World still exists

The scientists cranked up the Large Hadron Collider and the world didn't come to an end. Granted, they're using it at reduced power, but France and Switzerland still exist, so we're probably going to be okay.

I remember Dad telling me that before the first atomic bomb test, scientists weren't sure that an uncontrolled chain reaction wouldn't escape, vaporizing the Earth and all that lived on it.

That was then, this is now. While I'd like to postpone my death for as long as possible, if scientists ever do anything that vaporizes the earth in a flash, we'll probably never even realize what happened.

Like the guy said, I want to die like my grandfather, peacefully in my sleep. Not like the other four people, crying and screaming in the car with him.

No comments: