Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Gun Wisdom from the Web

Dave Petzal has put together some gun wisdom from the Web. I've seen some of this before, and some of it is new. I especially like this one:
The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. 'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?' 'No ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle.'
Hah! I like that and I'll have to remember it.

Of course, if you're really expecting trouble, you stay away, but if you've just got to go to a place where you expect trouble, you bring your rifle and a half-dozen friends with rifles. Or shotguns.

The Gun Nut is one of my daily reads.

2 comments:

Flintlock Tom said...

Yup, heard that before, too.
One of the "Open Carriers" out here on the left coast claims a lady asked him if he was going to shoot somebody. He said "no, ma'am I'm on my lunch break."

Anonymous said...

That sheriff would agree with another old saying: "A pistol is best used to fight you way to a rifle."