Monday, January 04, 2010

Cold

It's cold this afternoon. I got home from school early because there was no heat in the building and the principal turned everyone loose. No students, this was an in-service day for teachers. Still, it was cold in the building.

Central Louisiana is looking at some unseasonably cold weather this week, with temps getting down into the teens. We're not set up for that kind of weather, so this might get interesting.

Folks have been asking me all day to opine how cold it might get by Friday. My stock answer is that the weather-weenies can't predict past 72 hours with any probability of success. It might be 70 degrees by Friday, or it might be 17, we'll just have to wait and see.

I've got to go back to school later for a soccer game. I've put on my warm-woolies and I'm taking a thermos of hot chocolate.

In a related note, I see that the University of Bristol has re-looked the data and shows that there has been no increase in atmospheric carbon over the last 150 years.
In contradiction to some recent studies, he finds that the airborne fraction of carbon dioxide has not increased either during the past 150 years or during the most recent five decades.
Interesting.

1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yep, globull warming and algore... sigh...