Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Talarine

This is a recipe from my maternal grandmother. I don't know where she got it, or what the provenance is, but it's a quick easy meal a lot like spaghetti. I'm cooking it tonight simply because I haven't had it in a while

Talarine

1 lb hamburger meat
1 can (25 oz) Hunt's traditional spaghetti sauce
1 can (15 oz) whole kernel corn
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 lb egg noodles.

Brown hamburger meat and drain fat. Add garlic, spaghetti sauce and corn. Simmer sauce while noodles boil.

Boil egg noodles until tender. Drain and mix with sauce. Serve with grated cheese, garlic bread.

That's it. Nothing much to it. It's easy to double the recipe and make enough to feed a regiment of grandkids. I guess you could start with whole tomatoes and make your own sauce, but that would take the quick out of it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always add a can of cream of celery and a tablespoon of chili powder to it... then when it's in a bowl, top it with a dollop of sour cream and shredded cheese... very yummy! :)
Franniedez

Rivrdog said...

Where does that name come from? Is that Creole/French?

Pawpaw said...

No, it's not French, Rivrdog. I don't know where it comes from. My son said he asked once and was told that the recipe has a Scandinavian provenance. Go figure.