Sunday, December 06, 2009

Sunday Morning Dawg

It snowed Friday night in Central Louisiana, a light dusting that would make my northern relatives snort in derision. I myself have lived several winters in locales where snow is a constant presence for months on end. I stayed home on Friday night, preferring the safety of my home to risking fate on the roads with people who have never seen winter precipitation.

Still, the dog has never seen snow. And this feature is the Sunday Dawg, so without further adieu... This shot was taken Saturday morning on the back deck. He's checking it out. Not sure about it.



Then he saw the camera, decided that I might, just might, have food in my pocket and came over to investigate.



He was sorely disappointed that I didn't have any treats for him. He knows better, but hope springs eternal in that dog's mind.

2 comments:

Old NFO said...

LOL- Reminds me of a cat I saw investigating snow for the first time... Put down a paw, shook it, put down the next paw, shook it... :-)

Rich Jordan said...

Our recently adopted dog has still not seen snow here in the suburbs of chi-pit. I expect he'll do fine with it; very little fazes him, but I'm looking forward to seeing if he'll play like our past dogs did (snow was true joy for them, especially if it was shoulder deep).