Thursday, September 03, 2009

Life intrudes

Life intrudes on blogging.

I've just now come inside and kicked off my boots, checking email before heading back outside to distribute some RoundUp to the weeds. RoundUp is my friend.

However, I checked comments and found one that needed moderation. I like comments on my blog, read them all, consider them carefully. It's okay to disagree with me. It makes me think and reconsider my arguments. Comments are good, and not just the ones that agree with me.

However, there is one comment I'll always delete. Those with racist or profane language. They get clicked into the reject pile never to be heard from again. This is my little corner of the internet and I won't have commenters sully it with hate or profanity. Because I hold the reins, I'll delete any comments that don't comply with basic decency. What words am I talking about? Basically, George Carlin's list. Plus, any words that are racist. You know the one's I'm talking about. If not, comment and we'll see if I delete it. My choice.

Don't give me that Freedom of Speech crap. I've heard it. I won't let you cuss in my living room, and I'll delete inappropriate comments in my blog. Got it?

Still, everyone is free to comment. If you come in here and sully the place, I'll delete it. Fair enough?

Good.

No comments: