Thursday, July 02, 2009

Thurday Remodeling

I spent the majority of the day, along with most of the days this week, helping second son remodel his house. We've spent the last three days in the master bath, and it's still a long way from being finished. Of course, neither of us are plumbers, or electricians, or carpenters, yet we've struggled bravely along ripping out walls, building new walls, setting a bathtub, running electricity to the bathtub, installing running water, building half-walls, and cussing like ship-wrecked sailors.

It's been a time for bonding. Oh, yeah. The bathroom is generally the smallest room in the house and it's got the most stuff going on. Lots of water and drains and lights.

He's on vacation this week, so we're hitting it hard every day, and we're getting a lot of work done, even if the untrained eye can't see it. It's looking better and before long it'll be done.

Temps outside have been unreasonably hot, the thermometer on my truck today said that the outside temp was 104. I don't doubt it. Before I got home it had dropped to a balmy 102. Now there's a thunderstorm brewing and the wind is blowing, moderating the heat nicely.

I haven't read a newspaper in the past week, so I don't know what Obama or Congress is doind. Frankly, I don't care.

1 comment:

Flintlock Tom said...

I would seriously rethink any portion of your project which includes the words: "...running electricity to the bathtub..."

;-)