Saturday, July 04, 2009

Saturday, the Fourth

I know, it's the Fourth of July, but there will be a wedding at PawPaw's house next Saturday, the 11th. My daughter is getting married in the back yard and we're busy. This morning I spent the cooler hours trying to whip the back yard into shape and mow the grass that I didn't mow this week. It's coming along and we'll be ready for the preacher on Saturday afternoon come hell or high water.

When I'm at the computer, the dog is apt to come stand beside me and demand scratching. I tried to take a picture with the cheesy little camera I use, but it hangs-fire. You press the button and nothing. It takes the picture when it decides to take the picture. Here's my best effort.



That camera does the same thing with grandkids and someday soon I'm going to pull the pin and spring for a digital SLR. That format camera isn't as easy to carry as the little pocket camera, but when you pull the trigger it fires. Sometimes that's important for candid shots.

We'll do the rockets-red-glare thing this evening. Our dear friend, the mayor of Pollock has invited us to his town celebration this evening with hot dogs and fireworks. We're taking the grandkids.

That ought to be a hoot.

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Enjoy! Kids, food, fireworks; what could be better?

Anonymous said...

Papaw...Bo's begging for a kitty all of his own so he's not lonely in the house...he'll scoop the kitty box and please can he have one!!! :)


Franniedez :)

Pawpaw said...

Frannie

How's he going to scoop the kitty litter? He's got no thumbs!