Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Bo-dog

This post is mainly for my sister, who likes pictures of the dog. Our little dog is a Shih-Tzu, descended from the Gobi Desert Kitchen-Midden Dog. He's a fuzzy little mutt and today I took him for a hair cut.

Wikipedia tells me that he was originally a hunting dog. One line of ancestors was known as the "Small Soft-Coated Drop-Eared Hunting Dog". I doubt that. He'll hunt anything that's been dropped on the kitchen floor. He's a kitchen dog and that's a fact.

Here, he's sitting by the carport door waiting for Milady to get home from work.



He's lost about five pounds of fur since morning. I bet he's a lot cooler. While he was at the dog groomer, I got a haircut for myself. It's a lot simpler and a lot less expensive for me to get a haircut than it is for the dog to get a haircut.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't know about the dog, but you were a year or two away from needing a haircut.

Old NFO said...

LOL :-)

Pamela Zydel said...

Pawpaw: I had a Shih-Tzu about 15 years ago. His name was Sir Bentley Caldwell of York and he acted as regal as his name sounded! He loved my Pekingese, Sabella Kinkita de Jour. They ended up mating one night to my utter astonishment and had 2 puppies. They were little cuties that I called Peek-a-shitz. Your little guy is precious. They are called the Lion Dog, due to their fur. But I used to get my Bentley clipped like your little fella.